Friday, May 29, 2009

Purple Daisy

Purple Daisy

I saw the soft petals soaking up the sun,
Entwined with tresses, clipped in a bun.
Once it nestled in the spring flower bed,
Purple daisy, picked he, of the rose's 'stead.

Swayed to the rhythm of the cool wind.
Admiringly I watched it, I grinned.
The lighter hue poked from under,
I knew to its beauty I will surrender.

Water from the sprinkler glistened,
Cocked my ear, to the gurgle I listened.
Perfection indeed, purple haze on an orange day.
Changed my mind, won't pluck it, Nay.

Kicked a paper ball, hummed all the way,
Peering at the charcoal, black and gray.
Wishing and hoping, somebody would gift me,
If nothing else, then a Purple Daisy!

2 comments:

Dysmas said...

Elegant, beautiful and tactile. You have a touch for turning everyday scenes and vague emotions into delicate and delightful images.

Eowéniel said...

awwwwwwww Tibbo!!..thanku so much..you make me feel gooooooood :D